To provide participants with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in the effective interviewing and support of Adults At Risk as witnesses to the standard required within Achieving Best Evidence guidance and the Criminal Justice Process.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of the new guidance and the relevant legislation in relation to their roles and responsibilities
• Demonstrate skills in the interviewing of adults who may be described as being at risk as witnesses in accordance with the guidance framework.
• Recognise and demonstrate skills in the interviewing of adults at risk with particular needs or disabilities.
• Recognise and demonstrate skills in interviewing adults targeted by Organised Crime Groups and have been trafficked into the UK or trafficked within the UK for criminal purposes.
• Recognise and apply the principles of multi-agency working.
• Develop strategies for planning and co-ordinating interviews.
• Describe the requirements for the support and preparation of witnesses.
• Recognise the emotional impact of the work and identify support systems.